Sunday, June 27, 2010

Rolling Over




Pre Baby, you could frequently hear me suggesting or explaining “roll overs” in the context of 401(k)’s and IRAs while fielding phone calls at INGD. Post baby, I am still suggesting the possibility, but now more literally, and to a much younger client.

Earlier this week, Jane was becoming a pro at rocking from side to side. She really REALLY hates “tummy time”, so I was encouraged to see her enjoying some time on the floor. She really gets a kick out of learning new things, and it’s super fun to watch.

After a few days of the rocking, she started what I like to call “face planting”. I would catch her on her side with her head turned directly into the floor. Being the ridiculous overprotective mother that I am, I was worried that she wasn’t able to breathe. But then I realized what she was doing; she was throwing the weight of her head in hopes that her body would follow.

FINALLY, on Friday, she did it! And of course, she rolled in the twenty minutes I was out of the house getting dinner. Typical. I work with her all week and the husband reaps the benefits.

The really hilarious part is what she does once she is on her belly. Remember how I told you that she doesn’t like tummy time? Once she is over, she is mad. I don’t know whether I should be happy for her since she is immediately crying hysterically. Hopefully, she will use her new found skill to push herself off the floor or roll onto her back again. Or just keep getting her legs stuck in the spokes of the cradle.

No comments:

Post a Comment