Friday, June 25, 2010

Pre Baby/ Post Baby


Lately, I’ve separated my life into two defined stages in my mind- pre baby and post baby. Pre- baby, I was able to make my own schedule, commit to various activities way ahead of time, go out for a DRINK- you know, the things that normal people do.

But now my every move is calculated, and revolves around my little nugget of joy. If I want to leave at noon, I better start getting the baby ready at eleven. If I want to get out sans kid, I better make sure the hubster will be home or my mom is available.

Recently, my mother praised my newly found promptness. I explained that I have nothing better to do than get ready (unless Law & Order is on) and I give myself plenty of time for variables. Like, say, a diaper blow out right after tub time or a major projectile vomiting routine as we are walking to the car. Normal mom stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment